Riversymposium is a unique global forum for river managers, policy developers, scientists, consultants, students, NGOs, indigenous and community organisations and business and industry representatives to collaborate to improve the sustainable management of river basins all over the world. The Riversymposium will be held in a hybrid format for the first time in 2021!
With current COVID19 pandemic restrictions, a hybrid IRS provides an exciting opportunity to continue on the journey of learning, inspiring and transforming river communities around the world. We broaden river networking to global audiences who are unable to travel, whilst still maintaining our face to face event for those who can. The whole world becomes our venue for this event - our boundaries to share and learn from each other cease to exist - insightful presentations and knowledge sharing will be at our fingertips.
We invite you to join us in the journey to celebrate and transform our rivers towards resilience and ensure our rivers are there for our future generations. Global changes, such as the COVID-19 pandemic, has given us more impetus for a paradigm shift and/or movement: from achieving healthy rivers to achieving resilient rivers. The road to resilience can be a complex journey with the interdependence of environmental, social and economic outcomes. Only through unlocking the transformative power of partnerships can we, together, achieve resilient rivers, resilient communities and resilient economies.
If you are interested in sharing your work with a passionate cohort of like-minded peers, we are welcoming your abstract submissions, if you are looking to register Early bird registration is now available. Save up to $100 by registering early. Secure your place today!
Terms and Conditions
- We may share your name, organisation and country with delegates, sponsors and partners.
- Subject to below, we may share your contact details with our delegates, sponsors and partners.
Registration cancellation policy
- Cancellations for registration will only be accepted in writing and must be made through the online system or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cancellations made on or before 31 August 2021 will be refunded less 30% administration costs. No registration refunds will be made after this date.
- As an alternative to cancellation, your registration may be transferred to another person without penalty. This can be done by logging in and amending your registration. The International RiverFoundation must be notified by email of any transfers made within the last two weeks before the conference.
- All prices are in Australian dollars.
- Payment is accepted via credit card with a 1.8% fee applicable to all transactions.
- If you are unable to pay via credit card, please email email@example.com with a request to pay by Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT).