To express your interest in giving an oral (either virtual or face-to-face) presentation (12-15 minutes), you will need to submit an abstract with a catchy title; before you submit, here are the guidelines to consider:
- Abstracts must be no longer than 300 words
- Submissions on any topic related to the conference theme will be considered. However, please refer to our list of topics for guidance.
- Abstracts can be submitted either for a virtual presentation or a face-to-face presentation. Please note all virtual presentations will need to be pre-recorded and submitted by 16th September.
- Submissions must include a short presenter introduction (up to 100 words). This will be used by the session chair to introduce you at the conference so please make it concise and relevant to your topic and area of expertise.
- Abstract deadline is now extended to 30 April 2021
- We will endeavour to confirm the outcome of all submissions by end of April 2021
- If unsuccessful in securing a speaking space, a poster presentation may be offered as an alternative.
- The IRS2021 Program Committee reserves the right to accept or reject any submission.
- Presenters must register and pay to confirm attendance within 14 days of being accepted as a speaker or we reserve to right to withdraw our offer.
What are we looking for?
Abstract reviewers will consider the following:
- Relevance to the theme “Recovery to Resilience – Leveraging Partnerships” Demonstrates originality or novelty of the work proposed to be presented.
- Advancement Demonstrates a contribution to the topic – presenters should explain how their paper will contribute to improving global knowledge
- Demonstrated results Demonstrates results or lessons learned, indicating that the work has been, or is nearly, completed.
- Quality Effectively communicates achievements or lessons learned. Ensure the reviewer will understand the background of the issue/s and the objectives of the presentation.
- Ability to communicate Gives the reviewers confidence in your ability to give a presentation to an international audience by ensuring the abstract is concise and coherent.
If you are having any issues at all please contact the team at firstname.lastname@example.org