To express your interest in giving an oral presentation (12-15 minutes) or displaying an e-poster, you will need to submit:
- An abstract with a catchy title; and
- A short video, wherein you state your name and organisation, abstract title and a brief overview of your presentation.
Before you submit, here are the guidelines to consider:
- Abstracts must be no longer than 300 words
- Videos must be no longer than 1 minute (less than 250MB if uploading a file. Alternatively submit video link)
- Submissions on any topic related to the conference theme will be considered. However, please refer to our list of topics for guidance.
- Submissions must include a short presenter introduction (up to 100 words). This will be used by the session chair to introduce you at the conference so please make it concise and relevant to your topic and area of expertise.
- Abstracts must be submitted by Friday, 14 August 2020.
- We will endeavour to confirm the outcome of all submissions by 4 September 2020
- If unsuccessful in securing a speaking space, a poster presentation may be offered as an alternative.
- The v-IRS 2020 Program Committee reserves the right to accept or reject any submission.
- Presenters must register and pay to confirm attendance by 18 September 2020
- All slides and pre-recorded presentations must be submitted by accepted presenters by 9 October 2020
What are we looking for?
Abstract reviewers will consider the following:
Relevance to the theme “Valuing our Rivers”: Demonstrates originality or novelty of the work proposed to be presented.
Advancement: Demonstrates a contribution to the topic – presenters should explain how their paper will contribute to improving global knowledge
Demonstrated results: Demonstrates results or lessons learned, indicating that the work has been, or is nearly, completed.
Quality: Effectively communicates achievements or lessons learned. Ensure the reviewer will understand the background of the issue/s and the objectives of the presentation.
Ability to communicate: Gives the reviewers confidence in your ability to give a presentation to an international audience by ensuring the abstract is concise and coherent.
Click Here To Submit Your Abstract